The Annual General Meeting is the supreme organ of the Association. Are in particular reserved to its competence:
- amendments to the Articles of the Association;
- the confirmation of one or more members of the Management Board upon designation by the national sections;
- the dismissal of one or more members of the Management Board on the proposal of the national sections;
- the approval of the budgets and accounts of the central bodies of the Association and the appointment of auditors;
- the voluntary dissolution of AIACE.
It meets every year in May on video.
The new format includes – besides the General Meeting itself – a conference/debate on a topic of European or general interest as well as a meeting with the representatives of the administrations of the various institutions.